Grants and public funding2024-07-14T11:09:52+00:00


Compare important national and European funding programs

Our FundingBuzz grant finder cockpit has the axes amount of the grant that can be applied for and TRL. The TRL means Technology Readiness Level. The TRL scale spans from basic research (TRL 1) to the marketed product (TRL 9). This way you can immediately assess which program might be best suited to your innovation. Simply click on the program for more information (in German).

The size of the circles gives you an idea of the budget of the respective program. Blue ring: EU program, green ring: German federal government, red ring: German state. The respective funding programs are described in detail in the funding program overview.

Funding Program Overview

Here is an overview of the 15 major German and EU funding programs. Click on the program and you will receive further information, an overview of the conditions and a link to the respective program website.

BMBF programs

DE, Prototype, Scale-up|

The BMBF regularly calls for proposals for specialist programs in specific areas. Technology companies often find interesting pre-competitive funding opportunities, for example as part of the bioeconomy ideas competition, battery research or in the[...]

You can sort the programs by categories like SME only, Prototype, Scale-up, Commercialization, German programs, and EU programs. Simply click on the appropriate category. The funding program overview shows the most relevant funding programs for companies. You can find all German funding programs in the funding database (Förderdatenbank)  of the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Protection (BMWK).


Use one of our success packages to win grants and public funding with high success rates

Three success packages

We have developed three support packages: SERVICE – WORKBENCH – STRATEGY. The SERVICE package delivers a complete proposal writing and grant application service. Use the WORKBENCH package to book our expertise as needed – as an extended workbench. Funding is scarce and there is a lot of competition. The success rate is often only 5 – 10%. With the SERVICE and WORKBENCH packages, you increase your chances of success to 60 – 90%. Use STARTEGY to set up your winning R&D funding strategy. Here are the packages in detail:


You want to successfully apply for grants and funding and need a partner who knows the ropes and can handle the often labour-intensive application process with an end-to-end package. And who will ensure that the grant applications are successful.

  • High success rate: Funding programs are often very competitive with success rates of 4-10%. With FundingBuzz DOING, the success rate of your application increases to 60-90%, depending on the program.

  • High-quality application documents: Qualitative and attractive application documents that respond precisely and in detail to the requirements of the respective funding program – an important success factor.

  • Additional requests of the program sponsor or 2-step application process: In some programs, additional documents can be submitted after a first review at the request of the project sponsor. We provide you with targeted support for additional requests or during the 2-step process.

  • Reporting during the project phase: We support you with training on reporting and with a consulting contingent during the project phase.


We work with your team on funding applications for your complex innovation, transformation and decarbonization projects. We take the role of an extended workbench. Book additional expert resources and thus ensure the quality of your project applications. This way you will win almost every funding project.

  • High success rate: Funding programs are often very competitive with success rates of 4-10%. Use our expertise and increase the success rate of your application to 60-90%, depending on the program.

  • Additional expert resources: Book us as an additional resource to prepare complex funding applications. Ensure that the applications submitted have the necessary quality to win.
  • Ideal: For applications to the EU Innovation Fund, for IPCEI projects or for national / EU large-scale projects.


You want to integrate grants, public R&D funding, and investments into your business processes in a planned, measurable and successful manner. You want a strategy with a concrete roadmap and defined activities.

  • Grant funding strategy for R&D co-financing through research grants and non-repayable public funding.

  • Find the right funding program: We identify suitable funding programs with a high chance of success for your innovations.

Go to Top